Google
 

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Family Devotional Time


Each night, our family reads the Children's Bible together. We also pray and sing songs. Tonight, my 4-year-old wanted to make up her own song.

tune of "Are You Sleeping?"

Here is Jesus. Here is Jesus.
He loves us. He loves us.
He is God's Son. He is God's Son.
Yes, He is. Yes, He is.

Pretty good for off the cuff. That's not the best part though. My daughter's understanding of God and our relationship with Him is so remarkable. This is an example of her prayers.

"God, we love You, but You love us more than we could ever love You. We believe in You, even though we haven't seen You. Sometimes we mess up, but we want to be more like You. Help us to do better. We thank You for everything You've given us."

How awesome is that? It makes me so proud. I just wanted to take a moment to share this with you all.

5 comments:

Sheila said...

That is so sweet! You should be very proud!

Kaye said...

I know that this makes your heart soar. How wonderful! You must be doing a fantastic job parenting this little one!

Christi S said...

You have every reason to be proud!! That is a knowledge of the Lord deeper than many adults I know!!

ThriftyMommy said...

Thanks ladies. We're very pleased with her understanding. I prayed for my children many years before they were born and believe that God will use them for great things.

ThriftyMommy said...

Her prayer tonight went something like this,

God, we love You. I really can't think of anything to say, but I want to thank You for the Bible. We love You so much.

:)