Google
 

Friday, October 19, 2007

Fun-Filled Friday: Short & Sweet

I'm sorry, but this Fun-Filled Friday post will be short. We've had a rough few days. My 4 year-old daughter started feeling sick this week. First it started with a runny nose and then a squeaky voice. Next came the coughing and waking up numerous times during the night. We've had a few restless nights. Last night was the worst. I took her to the doctor today and they put her on a neubulizer. Thankfully, we already have a machine and medicine from my son. The doctor never really said what was wrong, but from what I gathered, I'm thinking it was a cold that quickly developed into croup.

I'm leaving in less than 2 hours for a weekend missions trip with the youth from our church. Before I go, I'll leave you with this link for Noggin. There are cute videos to watch and my daughter really enjoys the doodlepad. This is one of my favorite sites. It can keep you busy for hours.

Well, I better get. I have a ton of stuff to do in a short amount of time. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. My kids both had Croup last year and that wasn't any fun. I hope she starts feeling better soon.

Uberly Ewe said...

My son has not had croup yet, but he did end up getting Pneumonia earlier this year....and that stressed me out. He is fine now, and he really didn't seem like he was sick, but he just sounded weird to me so I took him in and they did chest x-rays and he had pneumonia. Anyway, I hope she feels better soon too. Thanks for posting Fun-Filled Fridays....even with a sick "kidlet".

Michelle said...

I am sorry to hear about the croup. Last year whooping cough was rampant in Wisconsin and it kid of scared me. I hate listening to the little ones coughing so hard, it sounds so terrible. Thanks for the link to Noggin, Terry is going to like that one.