Google
 

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Brightly Beaming Resources

I can't wait for you to visit this site! Katrina Lybbert has put together curriculum for children from 3 months through age 8. One of my favorite features about this curriculum is that it is absolutely free! That's right; you can download all the helps and ideas you want for free.

What could you possibly teach a baby who is less than a year old? How about Literature, Nursery Rhymes, Poetry, Bible Selections, Speech and Vocabulary, Classical Music, Baby Games, Lullabies, Sign Language, Foreign Language, Exercise, and Baby Massage?

From 12-24 months of age, follow the Brightly Beaming Toddler curriculum. In addition to the categories of information taught to infants, your toddler will be exposed to Children's Songs, Arts and Crafts, Musical Exploration, Puppetry, Nature Study, and Art Appreciation.

The Brightly Beaming Steps to Reading Program is created to be adapted to many ages. It is broken down into four steps:

Once your child has completed all four steps in the Steps to Reading Program, he should be ready for the Kindergarten curriculum which includes Science of the Week, Country of the Week, and SpellBright Level One.

The Primary Curriculum offers SpellBright Level Two, Primary Journal Ideas, and Orchestral Beams (a music appreciation guide for children ages 5-7)

I plan to begin using this with all three of my girls this fall and am eager to see how this works. If it doesn't go so well, at least I haven't spent a lot of money on it, but I really do think that this will prove to be a wonderful program.

If you already use this curriculum, would you please leave me a comment detailing your experience with it? I'd really appreciate it!

5 comments:

Uberly Ewe said...

Hi, I have been lurking on your site for a few months, and I have loved all your Homeschooling ideas that you have posted.

I found Brightly Beaming Resources and I LOVE her site too! We are currently doing the Letter of the Week Prep. courses with the Learning Poster. Check out my blog
http://brenda-bryan.blogspot.com/search/label/Homeschooling

We love it!!!

Revka said...

Hi, Brenda! Thanks for de-lurking. It's so nice to know that I do have lurkers here. *smiling* Thank you, too, for the comment and the link. After reading your post, I feel even more optimistic about this program and can't wait to get started. Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave your comment.

Andrea said...

Brenda just told me about your site. Very fun.
I did the Brightly Beaming for awhile a few months ago and really liked it. I need to start it up again. I would like to do something other than all the coloring pages though- it just got a bit repetitive after awhile. But love how it's all laid out.

Revka said...

Hi, Andrea!
I'm so glad that Brenda let you know about my site, and I'm even more glad that you like it. Thanks for your take on Brightly Beaming Resources. Every opinion is helpful, and I really appreciate your taking the time to share yours. Have a wonderful day.
Revka

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I just love this site. Brightly Beaming Resources is a treasure. It always amazes me, how much wonderful information there is online. I feel like I do a lot of searching for it, yet there always seems to be something new. Thanks again,

Warmly,
Amy